Friday, March 20, 2009

OTHER FOLKS ARE HAVING AFFAIRS TOO

THE FOLLOWING IS A RESPONSE TO MY ENTRY ABOUT ALICE FROM A FRIEND OF OURS. SEEMS I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE HAVING AN AFFAIR.
Your newest entry is a hoot!!!! Matter of fact, my husband Dale could have written it from your perspective too. I, on the other hand, can relate to Cathie's viewpoint. Our GPS is named Lola, and often we lengthen it to Lolita in moments of absolute frustration (which tend to be numerous). Lola has told us to get into the right hand lane twice in a row, leading us to the right, followed by another right. WRONG. She was merely repeating herself in case we didn't hear her the first time (like there was any chance of NOT hearing that irritating voice). Lola has managed to toss my responsibility (of navigating) out with the wash water. Apparently I am now obsolete. As are my maps, my written directions, and my common sense.

Therefore, I am now a mere passenger. Free to enjoy the landscape, the neighborhoods, the weather, the cityscapes and all else I choose. FREEDOM!

Let Lolita save his ass the next time we're lost in the dark of night in downtown Watts!!!

No comments: