Sunday, October 16, 2022

A BRITISH ADVENTURE-THE FINALE

As the finale of our latest adventure I going to post some of my favorite photos and perhaps say something about them.  If you’re a follower on Facebook you already may have seen some of them, especially the “Todays English Stone Wall”.  I have a fascination with stone work I have seen in our travels.  I usually come home wanting to build a wall and start looking in the yard for the best location.  As in the past, a wall never gets built, so to get my fix, I’ll start planning our next trip.  

There are a couple of firsts on this trip.  First time taking a shuttle bus from home to the airport.  Won’t do that again, two hours of agony.  First time flying in business class. (Did first class on the job). First time in the business class lounge at the airport.  First time we did’t stay in a hotel.  First time the trip lasted only 1 month.  First time herding a cow.  All in all a pretty good trip.  Now for the photos



WINDSOR CASTLE , THE LONG WALK

HONORING THE QUEEN

SHERWOOD FOREST











FILEY BEACH



DERWENTWATER, LAKE DISTRICK












BUTTERMERE, LAKE DISTRICT, MY FAVORITE PHOTO







PUB LIFE

EGGS ON TOAST SAUSAGE, MUSHROOMS, BLACK PUDDING









PUB LIFE

LOOE

LOOE

COLCHARTON FARM



PUB LIFE





PORT ISAAC

PORT ISAAC



Hope you enjoyed the photos as much I as did taking them.  Till the next Adventure…….






3 comments:

Dibb Family said...

Very much enjoyed your photos!

FYI, Pinterest has great rock wall ideas too. I always think I'm going to build one too, but haven't.

Nick Saraceni said...

What was the Black Pudding and how did it taste?

Dana Gassaway said...

Nick, Black Pudding is Blood Sausage....pork and sometimes filler like rice mixed with blood. It is usually sliced thin and then fried to make it slightly crisp. I like it. it does not have a strong flavor. I've had it in Spain too. I would order it again, in fact in Spain I look forward to it.